*This is a PDF crochet pattern, not the actual toy*
The pattern will be emailed to you – this is usually within a couple of hours, but please allow up to 12 hours.
Zach the zebra spends his day grazing with family and friends on the savanna. Lions might think they look like an easy meal, but be warned, they have a ferocious bite and a very strong kick! He sits 10 inches tall (when made with the recommended materials).
The 12 page pattern is intermediate skill level and uses UK terminology – if you would prefer US terminology, please message me. It is clear to follow with detailed instructions and lots of pictures for step by step making and assembly. There are also picture instructions for colour change, back loop only and invisible finish.
The following stitches/techniques are used in this pattern: slip stitch, magic ring, double crochet, increase, decrease (dc2tog) colour change, invisible finish, back loop only
- Yarn: I have made Zach using Paintbox Yarns Wool Mix Aran (Aran/worsted weight yarn) - colour and weight details in pattern
- Hook: 4mm (G) crochet hook
- Stuffing: I use polyester filling
- Safety eyes: I have used 15mm plastic safety eyes, but you can embroider the eyes on if you prefer
- Yarn needle
- (A stitch marker and row counter are useful)
(This pattern is for personal use only, not to be resold or rewritten in any way. I am happy for you to sell the finished toy, but please credit the design to me.)
Pattern Language: English