*This is a PDF crochet pattern, not the actual toy*
The pattern will be emailed to you – this is usually within a couple of hours, but please allow up to 12 hours.
Preston the polar bear loves swimming and spends hours every day in the water. He also enjoys sticking his head down holes in the snow, looking for seals… At the end of the day, he’ll head home for playtime and snuggling with his family. He sits just over 8 inches tall (when made with the recommended materials).
The 11 page pattern is intermediate skill level and uses UK terminology – if you would prefer US terminology, please message me. It is clear to follow with detailed instructions and lots of pictures for step by step making and assembly. There are also picture instructions for colour change, back loop only, invisible finish and the scarf.
The following stitches/techniques are used in this pattern: slip stitch, magic ring, double crochet, treble, increase, decrease (dc2tog), colour change, back loop only, invisible finish
- Yarn: I have made Preston using Stylecraft Special Aran (Aran/worsted weight yarn) - colour and weight details in pattern
- Hook: 4mm (G) crochet hook
- Stuffing: I use polyester filling
- Safety eyes: I have used 12mm plastic safety eyes, but you can embroider the eyes on if you prefer
- Yarn needle
- (A stitch marker and row counter are useful)
- Optional small hard/wire brush to make the ears fluffy
(This pattern is for personal use only, not to be resold or rewritten in any way. I am happy for you to sell the finished toy, but please credit the design to me.)
Pattern Language: English