*This is a PDF crochet pattern, not the actual toy*
The pattern will be emailed to you – this is usually within a couple of hours, but please allow up to 12 hours.
Boris the boar spends his days roaming around the forest, with his gang, digging for something tasty to eat. When he’s found enough roots and bulbs, he’ll head home to have a lovely mud bath with his little boars. He sits 8.5 inches tall (when made with the recommended materials).
The 8 page pattern is intermediate skill level and uses UK terminology – if you would prefer US terminology, please message me. It is clear to follow with detailed instructions and lots of pictures for step by step making and assembly. There are also picture instructions for colour change, back loop only, the tail and hair.
The following stitches/techniques are used in this pattern: slip stitch, magic ring, double crochet, increase, decrease (dc2tog), colour change, back loop only
- Yarn: I have made Boris using Scheepjes Stone Washed XL (Aran/worsted weight yarn) - colour and weight details in pattern
- Hook: 4mm (G) crochet hook
- Stuffing: I use polyester filling
- Safety eyes: I have used 15mm plastic safety eyes, but you can embroider the eyes on if you prefer; 9mm safety eyes were used for the nostrils, but you can use buttons or embroider them
- Yarn needle
- (A stitch marker and row counter are useful)
(This pattern is for personal use only, not to be resold or rewritten in any way. I am happy for you to sell the finished toy, but please credit the design to me.)
Pattern Language: English