*This is a PDF crochet pattern, not the actual toy*
The pattern will be emailed to you - this is usually within a couple of hours, but please allow up to 12 hours.
Sandy the seal loves living in the seas around Pembrokeshire with her new pup, teaching pup to fish and how to pinch fish from the local fishermen - if you’re ever on a boat trip in the area keep an eye out, they might pop up to say hello (they’re quite nosey). When evening comes it's back to the quiet coves and beaches to play and rest. She is 14 inches long and her pup is 8 inches long (when made with the recommended materials).
The 12 page pattern is intermediate skill level and uses UK terminology - if you would prefer US terminology, please message me. It is clear to follow with detailed instructions and lots of pictures for step by step making and assembly. There are also picture instructions for back loop only and adding whiskers.
The following stitches/techniques are used in this pattern: slip stitch, magic ring, double crochet, half treble, treble, increase, decrease (dc2tog), back loop only
- Yarn: I have made Sandy and her pup using Yarnsmiths Pebble Haze DK (DK weight yarn) - colour and weight details in pattern
- Hook: 3.5mm (E) crochet hook
- Stuffing: I use polyester filling
- Safety eyes: I have used plastic safety eyes, 12mm for Sandy and 9mm for the pup, but you can embroider the eyes on if you prefer
- Yarn needle
- (A stitch marker and row counter are useful)
- Some thin white yarn or thick white sewing thread for the whiskers (I used 4 ply for Sandy and sewing thread for the pup)
(This pattern is for personal use only, not to be resold or rewritten in any way. I am happy for you to sell the finished toy, but please credit the design to me.)
Pattern Language: English